Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Story So Far

The sky was awash in the gold of the breaking day as my mother dropped me off at Boston's Logan Airport, where I would take the first step in a long and convoluted dance from Massachuseetts, to the Carolinas, and eventually Nicaragua. As the sun slowly rose I made my way through the newly improved security screening area and into the long boarding line. Like industrial livestock the Air Tran personnel herded us into the plane and to our tightly packed seats. I stashed my backpack above me and then promptly fell asleep.

Two hours later I walked out of Charlotte's Airport and into a wall of heat and cigarette smoke. Though it usually measures higher than that of Massachusetts, I have found the heat of Carolina to be easier to endure than that up north. Perhaps it is because one expects the heat, as opposed to in the north, where the weather is fickle and unreliable.

From Charlotte I made my way to Asheville, and after two weeks of lazing about and visiting friends I found myself traveling yet again to Edisto Island, South Carolina. Two days later I arrived at my current location, the lovely Charleston International Airport, where I am currently waiting to board my 3:50pm flight to Miami. I am scheduled to take the 5:50pm flight to Nicaragua today, however I don't think that I will make my flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment